Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Fine Day

Today was a marvelous day. It rained. I like it whenever it rains because after the rain the sun always shines, the air feels so fresh, no need to water the plants, and I get a free car wash. :)

When my co-worker and I went on our 15-minute morning walk today, I brought my camera with me and took pictures of the surroundings. I work in the downtown area of Jacksonville and on one side of our office building is a residential area. Every time we pass by this area, there are a couple of houses that I really like to look at so I took pictures of them, along with other buildings.

I just love the color of this house

this house has a castle-like feel to it


downtown view

Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum
The Karpeles Library is the world's largest private holding of important original manuscripts & documents. The archives include Literature, Science, Religion, History and Art. Among the treasures are .... "The original draft of the Bill of Rights of the United States", The original manuscript of "The Wedding March", Einstein's description of his "Theory of Relativity", The "Thanksgiving Proclamation" signed by George Washington, Roget's "Thesaurus", Webster's "Dictionary" and over one million more.
via: http://www.rain.org/~karpeles/

Bethel Baptist Institutional Church
In the heart of Jacksonville, Bethel Baptist Institutional Church is recognized as one of the historic monuments among churches in the State of Florida.
via: http://bethelite.org/History.aspx
 
Job Corps — an abandoned old building

On my way home after work, I also took some pictures of the Riverside view (it was a bit tough though because I was also driving at the same time...a big no-no!). Drivers around me were probably thinking, "What is she doing?" :p



The St. Joe Company
The St. Joe Company is one of Florida's largest real estate development companies and Northwest Florida's largest private landowner with approximately 576,000 acres of land, concentrated primarily between Tallahassee and Destin. St. Joe is helping bring high-quality, strategic growth to the last, best part of Florida. Our vast land holdings include over 300,000 acres within 40 miles of the new Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
via: http://www.joe.com/
 
EverBank
From the start, EverBank has been a forward-looking company. With an eye for opportunity balanced by disciplined risk management practices, EverBank has become one of the healthiest banks in the nation today.
via: https://www.everbank.com/about/history.aspx

Lender Processing Services
LPS transforms how mortgage lenders and servicers do business. Formed from a 2008 spinoff, LPS is the industry's number one provider of mortgage processing services, settlement services and default solutions, and the nation’s leading provider of integrated data, servicing and technology solutions for mortgage lenders.
via: http://www.lpsvcs.com/AboutUs/Pages/Default.aspx

Memorial Park
Memorial Park is one of the best parks in Jacksonville with one side facing the river and the other facing bustling Five Points. The park is a great place to have a picnic, perfect for strolling, jogging or playing sports. It has the right balance of shade, sun, grass and fresh breeze coming from the river. This is where my sister and my brother-in-law had their pre-wedding photos.

gas prices keeps on going up...boohoo!!

I really love spring time! Everything is blooming and so beautiful. Summer is just around the corner though (time to go to the beach).
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Words alone is not enough to describe how grateful and happy I am ��.my name is TAMMY DORRIS DUFUT am from Belgium. I have been suffering from HERPES $ HYPERTIS B for 9years,until I came across Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME who heals me through his powerful traditional African herbs. I was scared at first as I was been scam earlier but I gave it a trial and I was completely heal.. I promise to let the whole world know about this great herbal doctor who helps in changing my life for the better.. you can contact him for all kind of sickness and diseases. God bless you Dr.Chukwu madu herbal home for your powerful hand of healing upon my life ����... Contact him today: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. 
    WhatsApp +2347030936239

    ReplyDelete