Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day

Today is my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. They have shared thirty-nine blissful and glorious years together. Of course, they've had their share of fights, misunderstandings, and trials, which is just normal in husbands and wives (I believe that this is what makes a marriage stronger, so long as you know how to settle your differences at the end of the day). Nevertheless, despite the arguments and difficulties they have encountered, they still managed to stay together and keep our family intact.



It's funny how every time I tell someone that my Mom and Dad's anniversary is April 1st, their usual response is "were they April fooling each other?" The reasoning for it is because April 1 of every year is widely celebrated in different countries as April Fool's Day or also known as All Fool's Day. Did you know that April 1st is the best day of the year that you can tell your crush that you like him/her and if it seems that he/she does not feel the same way for you, you can always respond "I'm just April fooling you. Happy April Fool's." (good way to save face, right?). ;)

Back to my Mom and Dad's anniversary, we celebrated at Clark's Fish Camp Seafood Restaurant. Even the weather celebrated with us. My Mom and Dad already received their blessings of rain yesterday and today is such a beautiful day to celebrate.


clear blue sky


 
The restaurant was packed when we got there. It's a good thing we called ahead (so we only waited 30 minutes) because if not we would have waited for about an hour. Meanwhile, while waiting for our table, we fed the fishes to keep ourselves occupied. I do not have one of those fancy DSLR cameras though, that's why I couldn't get a decent picture of the fishes as they resurface to eat the pellets. LOL.

can you see the turtle?

there's actually fishes in there

Since it is the season of Lent and today being a Friday, we have to abstain from eating meat, so we ordered Clark's Low Country Boiled Platter (filled with snow crab legs, rock shrimp, clams, sausage, corn, taters and hush puppies); Fish Camp Platter (filled with shrimp, oysters, scallops, fish, deviled crab, clam strips, and hush puppies); Shrab Flounder (stuffed with Monterey jack cheese topped with hot buttered shrimp and crab); Jack's Cut Prime Rib (my brother-in-law ordered this one...he must not be observing abstinence); and we also had mashed potato, baked potato, yellow rice, and hush puppies for side orders.

Clark's Low Country Boiled Platter

Fish Camp Platter

Shrab Flounder

Jack's Cut Prime Rib

Hush Puppies

Yellow Rice

The food was superb and very tasty but be prepared to get messy since you will be using your hands to eat (at least I did). The hush puppies were delicious, so flavorful and moist. There are all sorts of exotic things in the menu (gator, rabbit, ostrich, turtle, snake, and kangaroo)...Yum! but not for my taste buds.

The restaurant is situated on the river. The ambiance inside the restaurant is unique, feels like you are in a jungle because there are hundreds of stuffed fish and animals (lions, tigers, monkeys, bears, giraffes, dears, bobcats, and birds take note that these animals used to be alive at one point) everywhere, adorning the ceiling and walls.


It is indeed April Fool's Day because today we had lots of fun and pure enjoyment (the essence of April Fool's Day). I can now affirm that my Mom and Dad were not just fooling around thirty-nine years ago, after all, they have 39 wonderful years to prove it.

Lastly, to my Mom and Dad, cheers to the both of you!!! I wish you more happy years together (another 39 or more years). Keep on enjoying each others' company and may you both seize each day with peace, happiness, and eternal love. I love you both!

1 comment:

  1. Words alone is not enough to describe how grateful and happy I am ��.my name is TAMMY DORRIS DUFUT am from Belgium. I have been suffering from HERPES $ HYPERTIS B for 9years,until I came across Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME who heals me through his powerful traditional African herbs. I was scared at first as I was been scam earlier but I gave it a trial and I was completely heal.. I promise to let the whole world know about this great herbal doctor who helps in changing my life for the better.. you can contact him for all kind of sickness and diseases. God bless you Dr.Chukwu madu herbal home for your powerful hand of healing upon my life ����... Contact him today: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. 
    WhatsApp +2347030936239

    ReplyDelete