Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I had another early day today. After taking my Mom to work this morning, I decided not to go back to bed and went out for a run instead. After my morning jog, I got ready for the 9:30 AM mass (my sister and I agreed last night that we will attend the 9:30 mass today). At around 9:15 I was all set but everyone else in our house is still asleep (I wonder why?). A few minutes later, I saw my sister coming out of her room and she told me that we will just attend the 11:30 mass. I was upset at first because I could have gone back to bed and catch a couple more hours of sleep. Then I thought, instead of sulking, I'll just prepare lunch for Easter. :P

cheesy lasagna — I like it a bit burnt (,")

double chocolate chip bread

Easter is one of the few times that the church gets crammed, even the parking lot is full (the other two is Thanksgiving and Christmas). Since today is a special occasion, I wore a dress to church today. I hardly ever wear dresses; I am more of a t-shirt and jeans girl...haha. I have plenty of dresses and some of them even have tags on but all they do is collect dust from my closet...lol. I do love dresses but I find t-shirt and jeans more convenient (I know some girls out there can relate, right?).

After the mass, my sister and brother-in-law bought shrimp lo mein and beef fried rice from Ying's Chinese Takee Outee and chicken from Popeye's, which we ate for lunch.

Ying's Takee Outee at 103rd

Popeye's chicken

The food that I prepared for lunch ended up as our dinner. I made fruit salad, baked chocolate chip bread and lasagna (I made the lasagna extra cheesy).

lasagna and chocolate chip bread

fruit salad

Oh no today is the end of lent that means my sister is allowed to eat chocolates again. She's on to her addiction now... she even bought an Easter bunny chocolate. I better hide the rest of the chocolates. ;)

Russell Stover

Happy Easter to all and may God bless us always!

1 comment:

  1. Words alone is not enough to describe how grateful and happy I am ��.my name is TAMMY DORRIS DUFUT am from Belgium. I have been suffering from HERPES $ HYPERTIS B for 9years,until I came across Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME who heals me through his powerful traditional African herbs. I was scared at first as I was been scam earlier but I gave it a trial and I was completely heal.. I promise to let the whole world know about this great herbal doctor who helps in changing my life for the better.. you can contact him for all kind of sickness and diseases. God bless you Dr.Chukwu madu herbal home for your powerful hand of healing upon my life ����... Contact him today: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. 
    WhatsApp +2347030936239

    ReplyDelete